Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Weekend Update :-)

What a weekend! On Sat. I met up with two friends for breakfast and then we headed to Gettysburg, PA to do some “hiking”. I say that in quotes because we didn’t really end up hiking as much as just exploring Gettysburg again. I hadn’t been there since I was twelve and JennO had never been there. Kurt who had just been there about two weeks ago drove and gave us the shortened auto tour. We did get out and walk about for a bit, climbed Little Round Top and Big Round Top too. I will post some pictures when I can get them. It was a good time and when we got back we changed real quick and met up with one more friend to go to the Washington Capitals hockey match. I hadn’t been to a hockey match since I was in 9th grade. I actually really enjoyed it!

Sunday, I worked at the café until mid-afternoon. I met with my small group after work and then headed home. I hung out with my roomie and the down stairs roomie for a bit then we all headed downstairs to catch the Eagles/Cowboys game. Now I can’t stand either team but I really can’t stand T.O. more than I can’t stand the Eagles. So all that to say that I was eagerly cheering for the Eagles to cream the Cowboys and rub it in T.O.’s face for the way he screwed them over last year. And boy did they ever! It was a great game and a close game all the way to the final seconds. By then I was utterly exhausted and headed upstairs to nap before going to my other small group. Well I was so exhausted I didn’t wake up when my alarm went off. I ended up sleeping right through it. I got up around 9pm and chatted with my other downstairs roomie for a bit and then hit the sack again at 11pm.

Monday I had to open the café but I didn’t have to go to my full-time job!! That was great! So I got done at the café and went home and went back to bed until 11am. It felt so wonderful. I got up and went to the Portrait Gallery with my friend Kurt and then headed back home and chilled and cleaned until I headed back into the café for the small group that I help out with. Over all it was a great weekend and I finally caught up on all that sleep that remained so elusive upon returning to the States.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

And I'm supposed to feel sorry for you? Sheesh! You've got more of a life than half of New York! No wonder you're tired.

I got in a car accident this week. :( But it's okay and I'm okay...just a little shaken up (and mad at the other guy). At least we'll be able to collect insurance mulah...we're not going to repair the car...let it look ghetto!

sooooo...I'm already getting hyped for Christmas. Hmmm...what to get all my favorite people!

Who's Kurt?

kiltsandthistles said...

Oh my word girl! I am so glad that you are okay! Yeesh, what a crazy life you have. How bad is the car? Is it still drivable?

YOU'RE ALREADY GETTING HYPED FOR CHRISTMAS!?!?!?!? I don't even want to think about it yet :-). Wait till the end of Nov. then I'll think about it.

Kurt is a friend of mine from church. He is in the Marine's.

Alcluith said...

Thanks for the photo comments! Glad you enjoyed your visit to Scotland - when are you thinking of coming over to stay? And what will you do?