Friday, December 29, 2006

It's that time of year...

You know what I'm talking about! That time when everyone decides, with the best of intentions, to make New Year resolution's that will change their lives and better the world.

But why is that less than a month or two later, we have already forgotten what it was we wanted to do or in fact just given up. Don't people ever get tired of the thought of failing that they really do want to stick to it and finish something?

I for one am tired of making resolutions only to give up a couple of weeks later. So this year, I intend to do something about it. I am almost 27 years old and tired of the monotony of life. So my goals (not resolutions) are as follows:

1. Take risks and find fun in life.
2. Stick with the gym for real this time.
3. Lose the 20 lbs I gained after college.
4. Enter and complete one marathon. (whether it be a short or full-length one)
5. Let go of the past and move forward.
6. Proceed with getting my ancestry visa.
7. Graduate from being a contracted employee to the Gov't, to being a Gov't employee (better benefits)
8. Honestly make a concerted effort to read my Bible every day.
9. Write at least one letter to a friend or family member a month.
10. Travel to Arizona to visit with my Aunt and her husband.
...will finish this post later when I have more time to think.

Happy New Year's from our Nation's Capital.

*aside* how sad is it that I am glad I get Tuesday off. I mean I feel terrible for the Ford family but all it means for me is an extra day off. Oy I really need to rethink my thought proccess.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Awesome- a few years back I started a dream (goal) journal. Instead of resolutions, I write down the goals I want to accomplish. Every New years I spend some time reflecting- I write a bit about how I'm doing achieving them, set new goals etc... It is neat to go back and read where I was a different times- how the goals have evolved and to see some accomplished. It's helped me be more purposeful in my decisions and "where I'm going"- just thought I'd share. You sound so good- I'm very happy for you! Happy New Year!

Elizabeth said...

happy new year! i can't reply to text messages for some reason...my phone is being goofy. good luck with your goals! i have stomach flu right now...so i'm doing NOTHING :(. by the way...what's a ancestry visa? and how was Christmas?