Friday, February 09, 2007

I LOVE BIBLEGATEWAY.COM

All I have to say is whoever thought of Biblegateway.com was a lifesaver.

I needed this passage today to remind me that living for "fame" on earth and a name for "legend" is pointless. I don't want to be known on earth by everyone as someone who did something or made money. I want to be known as having loved God and served Him and done whatever He asked of me. I want to leave this earth with my name being synonymous with being a servant. I don't mean in a prideful way, I want people to recoginze that I wasn't doing anything for my own Glory, I want all I do and did to be known as for His glory.

Psalm 49
10For he sees that even wise men die; The stupid and the senseless alike perish and leave their wealth to others.

11Their inner thought is that their houses are forever and their dwelling places to all generations; They have called their lands after their own names.

12But man in his pomp will not endure; He is like the beasts that perish.

13This is the way of those who are foolish, and of those after them who approve their words. Selah.

No comments: