Tuesday, February 06, 2007

State of my attempt to follow God

You know for as much as I struggle in my relationship with God it is always encouraging for me to read about how others are battling forward as well. I love how my Pastor puts it "let's storm the gates of Hell! We aren't commanded to sit on the sidelines but to get up and play the offense." Okay so its a little more loosely taken from what he said but that is the gist of it.

I am encouraged everyday by my Pastor and his openness with not only his church but with any and all who come upon his blog. It is such an encouragement to me when he relates his struggles and frustrations. It helps remind me that he needs prayer just as much as the next person and that just because he's a Pastor doesn't mean he won't face the same temptations as you or me.

This past weekend Pastor Mark's message was "The State of the Church." Basically an NCC version of the "State of the Union" address. Only better cause it's about NCC. :-) Although Pastor Mark talked about all the good that has been happening this past year at NCC, what with the opening of Ebenezers (which was by the way voted the #2 Coffeehouse in DC on the AOL city guide), and the starting of two more services at the Ebs location, he ended the service on this note after showing our Baptism video (go to Baptism by the Bay). And I again quote loosely because I am not sure exactly how he said it. This video is what its all about, its about the lives that are changed and the people who come to Christ as their own.

No comments: