Friday, March 31, 2006

It would be crazy to stay here when I am sooooooo homesick for HEAVEN!!!!!

"I have not been called to the wisdom of this world..
But to a God who is calling out to me..
And even though the world may think
I'm losing touch with reality
It would be crazy
To choose this world over eternity"


I don't know why I am so at war within myself. There are days I selfishly want to stay on this earth so that I can experience things you can't experience in Heaven. But then there are the days when I selfishly want to go HOME because life would just be so much easier at Home with my Father.

I really don't know why on earth I want to stay here, the only reason would be to glorify and honor Him but I am not even seeming to do a good job of that. I mean I live my life the way He would want, I've been truly blessed by Him to help me fix some things in my life that really needed fixing but...

"I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now"

I don't know sometimes I just wish I could take the "easy" way out and go HOME. I really miss my Grannie and my close friend Jody. I would give anything to see them again and to get to see God face to face. I know He has me here for a purpose I just wish that He would make it so clear and evident to me that I couldn't possibly miss it.

"You're everything I cannot see
You're everything I cannot say
I know it all seems so illogical
But that's okay
You're the love You give to me
You're the love I give away
You are everything impossible
And that's okay"



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I think we all feel this way MANY times throughout life, JoyAnna. It's okay. I think Jesus Himself probably was soooo homesick at times when He was on earth. Nobody understands these feelings better than Him. But I also think that God wants to give you beautiful gifts here and now. Open up your hands and just wait. They'll come. And smile...even in pain you are beautiful to Him. Doesn't that mean everything?