Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life

Well it is finally my golden birthday month!! Sometimes I don't know whether or not to be excited about that or not. As of right now, I am trying to get a group of friends to go to dinner on the 26th and then have a b-day happy hour later in the week at my favorite resturaunt on Barracks Row. But...I don't actually want to think about getting any older, I mean I am not THAT old but sometimes I feel like it :-).

There has been a lot going on in my life lately. I have a whole new experience taking place that I have never had before and trying to keep my perspective and focus where it needs to be is getting harder and harder. I keep finding myself wanting to take things into my own hands instead of trusting God to do things His way. Since He did start the whole deal I shouldn't have a problem, but I guess being human, its that whole control aspect.

I have been studying Philippians and been reminded daily that I need to find the joy in every situation as well as reminded that with God as my foundation there is nothing I can't handle. Its funny how you read something all the time while growing up and going to a Bible college but until you are actually ready to be open to what God is saying in His Word it doesn't make any sense to you. I can't tell you how many times I have read Philippians because it is my favorite book but I just never saw it in the same light as I have recently while delving deep into its precious treasures.

I praise God daily that He never let go of me! I praise Him for great friends like Sarah and Beth who constantly push me to be the woman of God I should be. Who constantly encourage me to find my value in my Father, the King. I praise God for my church here in DC. He has blessed me far beyond anything I could have asked and I keep forgetting to see it. I praise God for new friends and a great part-time job that allows me to get to know more and more people. PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, THE CREATOR AND SUSTAINER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

yes, be careful not to always need to control your life...God is free to do much more for you when you give Him the control. be patient!

i'm very excited for you! i totally understand what you mean about reading Scripture...and all of a sudden it means so much more because we've finally truly opened our hearts to hear anything He has to say (i used to hold back because i had a critical mind due to my college education).

Joyanna said...

*Singing joyfully*
Happy birthday to you!
How old are you now? What church do you go to? And what's your baby's name?
*normal talking voice*
So it didn't rhyme. Oh, well.
My best friend and mentor, Jenn is leaving this summer to go help start a church in D.C. I forget the name but it is only on Thursday nights and is located behind the Supreme Court building.
Happy b-day again.
JoyAnna

kiltsandthistles said...

I attend National Community Church which is affiliated with Assemblies of God churches.

As for age that is for me to know and the rest of the world to wonder at :-). As for the baby question, she is a beautiful almost one year old Tiger cat named Fia. I love her to death and without her I would shrivel up and die.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, they are much appreciated.