Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"Officially" twenty-six

I am "officially" twenty-six years of age now. It's weird, you know, you spend so much time focusing on the actual number but when I think about it, I don't really feel 26 years old. I sometimes still feel like I am just graduated from college and freaking out about being a part of the real world. It's funny how some things never change. I look at my life and wonder how I got where I am not? How did I end up in Washington, DC with a great church, a great group of friends, a semi-wonderful job and living on my own? That is the exact opposite of how I had always imagined my life would be. I had always dreamed that I would graduate from college, get married and probably already have a kid by now. Now I can't even begin to imagine being a mom already. Now that isn't to say I couldn't imagine being married or that I wouldn't be more than willing to leave this all behind to start a family but...well I am definitely not where I thought I would be.

4 comments:

Shrig said...

Welcome to my world...

I'm not where I thought I would be either.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, my dear!!! I don't thing a lot of people are where they thought they would be. And I'll tell you something--you may not agree--I don't think most people who ARE where they thought they would be are very happy...life just isn't supposed to be predictable and explainable. It just isn't. That takes away the adventure and the mystery that I think God intended for us to experience as we watch what He does.

Anyway, I'm on my second day of work and am surviving so far. Have you heard on that job in the Pentagon yet?

Amy Bushatz said...

I ditto your post. And dont say Im young. Because I FEEL young.

Amy Bushatz said...

That should be I DONT feel young. Whatever.