Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Spidey Senses


So anyway yesterday was a disaster. I was up at 5:30 Am for work and my knee was worse than ever. It was slightly swollen and very sore. As the day continued to progress my leg got increasingly more swollen and more intensely painful. After work at around 7:30 pm. My friend Mike picked me up from work and took me to the ER. I spent basically the entire night then in the ER. I finally go home around 4:30 AM. They couldn't even tell me what was wrong. First they x-rayed and said there was nothing there. Then they sonogramed the leg and hte technician said there was a little fluid on the knee but no blood clots, which was their chief concern. Never get a sonogram, it hurts like the sticking dickens. So anyway, when all was said and done they said it might be a sprain with a little fluid on the knee. They gave me crutches and tylenol w/codeine (which I am allergic to and told them about) brilliant people I tell ya. And then they sent me home. I am so exhausted today that I feel that I could fall asleep at the front desk here without a second thought. The rest of this week is going to be absolutely crazy as I try to manuever through life on a pair of crutches with intense pain and handle all the work ahead of me. Please pray for me, anyone who is reading this.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

hey kiddo...you and me both are tired...both get to spend lots of time in hospital this week. i am heading there after work to spend a few hours with gramma (unless my relatives chase me away--which they have a tendancy to do). i'll be praying for you. the least those dummies could've done is drain the fluid. what's wrong with them? guess what...you'll burn some arm fat this week!!! let's just pray for eachother. hang in there!

i hate the ER! what's the point of it being an EMERGENCY when they make you wait for hours anyway. DUH!