Thursday, February 09, 2006

1 Corinthians

So we finally started our study of 1 Corinthians last night. I am so psyched! We read through the entire book and then next week we will start the verse by verse study. I am so looking forward to it. I didn't bring my notes with me to work but below are just some of the verses that I am looking forward to studying and getting a better understanding of. There are some others. Like the book covers divorce, lawsuits and women in the church. It will be good and I am very excited.

10:13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

13:4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
13:5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
13:6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
13:8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

No comments: