Thursday, February 09, 2006

February

Okay so I know noone wants to hear this or read this, but I really hate this time of year. You know you try so hard to be content and happy with where you are in your life and then February comes around with that horrid holiday “valentine’s day”. There’s nothing like watching everything around you push the whole couple thing and knowing that you aren’t one.

I think the hardest thing for me is knowing how bad I want to wait on God’s timing but also want so badly to have someone to share my life with now. The other hard thing is being the oldest child in my family and watching my younger siblings be in healthy relationships. My sister is almost engaged and my brother is seriously dating this great girl. It’s really rough and sometimes I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I know that God has the perfect mate out there waiting for me but it just gets so hard to wait for him to come along.

The other thing is the process of finding him too. I am currently on eharmony and have about 6 different guys who want to communicate with me. It makes me so nervous because I just…well I don’t know. It just takes a lot of faith and sometimes I feel like I am losing that faith. I know that eharmony works because I have a couple of friends who have tried it and are either in a healthy relationship or are now married.

I guess I just worry that I will end up an old maid cause I have this ideal guy in my mind yet I just can’t seem to find him. I don’t want to lower any of my standards cause then I would be settling and I know that God doesn’t want me to do that. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!!!!!!!!!!?????????

If you are reading this please pray for all of us single folk who desperately want to do what God wants us to do.

1 comment:

Shrig said...

First, it must have been a boring day at work for you to post 3 of these things. Second, you are going to meet the right guy, and this time alone and sad will be so worth it. When you finally get him, you'll never look back and you'll forget how lonely you were for all these years.

I know keeping your chin up gets harder every damn day, but if that's the best we can do at the time, so be it. Sometimes, all we can do is play the hand that we're delt.

<3 u :)