Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My new life verse!

With everything that God has been teaching me lately and impressing upon my heart I discovered a new life verse. As many of you know I have finally decided to let go and obey God and stop making excuses. I am headed to Scotland next year to start my new life. I discovered this verse the other night while reading through 1 Thessalonians and it really struck deep.

1 Thessalonians 5:24

FAITHFUL is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to PASS.

What a strong reminder to me that no matter how hard I fight it, His will will be done and He will see it through till the end. It is a constant encouragement to me that I am not in this alone and that I will do this this time.

In another note, I found verses in 1 Thess. that will hopefully help me with my no complaining restart.

1 Thess. 5 16 - 22

REJOICE ALWAYS;
Pray WITHOUT CEASING;
In EVERYTHING give THANKS; for this is GOD'S will for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not QUENCH the Spirit;
Do not despise PROPHETIC utterances.
But examine everything CAREFULLY; HOLD FAST to that which is GOOD;
ABSTAIN from EVERY form of EVIL.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm going to take this challenge, too! I am too whiny. But I'm realizing, besides the fact that it honors God and people like me more...I'm way happier when I don't complain. Good luck!

And by the way, it's okay to spend more time with Sara than with me...we all have certain people that meet our needs better than others...and I'm just too dang far away!