Thursday, January 05, 2006

Figure Skating

I don't know if any of you out there remember Sergei Grinkova and Ekaterina Gordeeva, but I do. I remember when the world found out that her husband had died of a heart attack while they were practicing on the ice. It was one of the saddest days of my life. Well I just got to watch her skate again for the first time since almost 10 years ago. I know I am such a sap but I cried like a baby. It was so good to see her skate and she looked just as beautiful and young as she had back then. Then later in the program she skated with her and Sergei's daughter, Daria. That made me cry just as hard. Oh well what can I say!!!

I have always loved the name Ekaterina and think I will name my little girl that. (When I have one someday)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I just watched a really old movie about figure skating...it's sortof fun. maybe you've seen it. but i can't remember the name right now...something about ice. thin ice? no that doesn't sound right. well anyway, maybe you're pmsing...that makes me cry over anything. last night i picked up lord of the rings (book, not movie) and decided to read part of it again for the millionth time, and then i cried through it all...because i know the story so well that i was thinking of all the heartache everyone had gone to by this time...yada yada. i love that story. anyway....call me this weekend, my roomate is leaving for texas.