Monday, January 30, 2006

A Rainbow in the sky

12God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations;
13I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.
14"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud,
15and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16"When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."

Do you ever stop to think that every time we see a rainbow in the sky that God is looking at it too and remembering? I was just reading in Genesis after Noah and his family has left the ark and Noah has made a sacrifice in thanksgiving, God is giving a convenant to Noah and his family that he will never destroy the world by water again and He provides him with a "bow in the cloud" as a sign. I was struck by what God then says in verse 16 as highlighted above. He will look upon the bow to remember the EVERLASTING covenant. Isn't that amazing. To think that every time I look at a rainbow that shows up in the sky, God is also looking at it too. I don't know somehow it makes looking into the sky so much more real because the very realness of Him looking back down. WOW!!!!! so amazing. What an Awesome God we serve!!!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

i haven't seen a rainbow in FOREVER! i'd like to see one right now.