Tuesday, January 31, 2006

To know our future

13 God said to Abram, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, where they will be enslaved and oppressed four hundred years.
14 "But I will also judge the nation whom they will serve, and afterward they will come out with many possessions.
15 "As for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you will be buried at a good old age.
16 "Then in the fourth generation they will return here, for the iniquity of the Amorite is not yet complete."

Okay so Abraham (Abram) was informed of his future. God told him that he would die at a good old age and in peace. I sometimes wish I knew if I would live to a good old age and if I would die in peace. At the same time just the thought of knowing freaks me out at the same time. I can't imagine the weight of responsibility you take on when you know certain things.

Okay more on this later, I have to get back to work.

1 comment:

Shrig said...

Perhaps dying is the peace? Just a thought.

And that picture above is lovely. I thought it was a photograph for a split second.