Friday, January 27, 2006

update on the knee

Okay so the MRI showed absolutely nothing. The doctor says that my ankles roll inward, which causes undo stress to my knee, causing my knee cap to sit wrong. So he wanted to give me a shot of cortizone right then and there. I almost cried, I told him no that I would deal with the pain and start physical therapy right away. I was already sick and knew that if I got a shot I would be an absolute mess. So I start PT on Monday and I have to wear arch supports with any shoes that I wear.

Oh yeah and somewhere between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning I got really sick. I haven't been to work all week. When I went in for my orthopedic appointment I almost passed out twice on the metro. I have been swigging Gatorade and water and chowing down on saltines for 4 days now. Today is the first day that I have started to feel better. I don't know what it was but I sure am glad that its done and gone.

2 comments:

Shrig said...

OH NO!! That sucks so much.. But at least you now know what's going on. I hope you feel better.

Call me if you need anything. I was wondering where you were all week...

Elizabeth said...

um, hey, guess what. i got to hang out with that guy that is SO cute! okay, i'm liable to fall head over heels. yikes! wish you were here...i need some logic and common sense to bring me back to earth before i make a fool of myself (again!).