Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My weekend

Man alive! let me just say I traveled over 1000 miles in six days.

So I left at 8pm on Wednesday night and got in around 12am. I was up at 7:30am to get my Fia to the vet and then my mum and I hit up Eat n Park for breakfast. After breakfast we headed to the hairdressers to get my hair trimmed!! I love it, she shaped it and gave me something that will keep it from frizzing but I don't need a bunch of other junk in it either. THen I went next door to Dick's sporting goods and purchased my very first tennis racket. I am so excited to get to play now. Then we went to the PA driver's license center and renewed my license. Then I went home and packed my stuff and was on the road for Scranton by 2:30pm.

On the way to my friends house I actually stopped to pick her husband up from work. We got to their place by 5:30. The next morning we had graduation at BBC. It was great!! I got to see a couple of different people that I almost forgot were graduating and then a few who I didn't even know were graduating. Then after graduation we went back to my friends house and ate a quick lunch and then all of us including the baby went down for a nap. It was so nice. Then my friend thinking we were going to another friends party stopped to pick up a gift for them from her mom's only to find that we had surprised her with her own party. You have no idea how hard it is to surprise my friend. She always knows if something is happening. But we got her and got her good.

I stayed there until about 8:30pm till I got a call from my friend Kerry. We got together at Starbucks and caught up on a lot of lost time. It was so wonderful to get to see her again. It is so weird sometimes to realize that my friends are moms and wives. But anyway, we had a great time. The next morning my friend and I went shopping and then I was on the road by 5:30pm. Okay now this trip is supposed to take 2 1/2 hours I got home at 7:05pm. I will let you do the math :-). Then I met up with my friend Shrig for a quick dinner and a bit of dessert from Dairy Queen. It was really nice to get the chance to see her again. Though it wasn't under the best of circumstances for her. Then while we were at Dairy Queen a friend of mine from Youth Group was there with her family. She and her husband and boys had moved to Grove City two years ago and I hadn't seen them for longer than that. So we caught up quick and exchanged e-mails.

Then I rushed home to pick up my dad for a 9:40pm showing of MI:III. Now I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was almost as good as the first one. The second one stank because there was no good plot, though the action was great. The third one had plot and action. We got home around midnight. And I quickly caught up on all my homework. Then hit the sack by 1:30am.

The next day was Mother's day and my Mum actually had the day off for the first time in 6 years. So my Mum, Dad and Grandmum all went to the resturaunt where my sister works for lunch. Then after that my Mum and I did some quick last minute shopping before heading home to grab a quick nap and then get on the road.

We were headed to my grandfather's because we were told he was having emergency surgery. So we got in there around 9:30pm. The next day we went with him to the hospital and I got to meet up with my old roomie Erin from college. It was great, we went to lunch at this great Italian resturaunt. Then that night we took my grandfather out for dinner.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow...you did do a lot. did you see my mom and dad at bbc? probably didn't. well, i'm sick as a dog right now...and working anyway because i am taking off a lot of (unpaid) time for the wedding.

:( that is for being sick.

:) that is for being married in just over 2 months.

kiltsandthistles said...

I did get to see your parents from a distance but i didn't get to actually talk to them. I cheered for Josh though!!! I wish you could have been there though I totally understand why you could not!! I can't wait for you to get married. I have already requested that week before your wedding off. With my next paycheck I will buy my ticket!!! I AM PSYCHED OUT OF MY MIND FOR YOU!!!!!!!! God has truly blessed you and I continue to pray His blessings upon you and Luke!