Monday, May 01, 2006

Surrender

I am giving You my heart and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of You my King
I am giving You my dreams, I am laying down my rights
I am giving up my pride for the promise of new life.

I am singing You this song, I am waiting at the cross,
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss,
For the sake of knowing You, the glory of Your name,
To know the lasting joy, even sharing in Your pain.
by: Marc James

God I surrender my heart fully and sincerely. I know that I will wake up everyday and try to take it back, but please remind me that this is what I have said to you.

I surrender my desire to be with someone, and trust that You and You alone are all I need. Trust that you will give me what is best for me and will Glorify You. I trust that you know exactly what I "need" and what I desire and will give them to me at the time and place that is right for You and will bring the most Glory to Your name.

I surrender my desire to grow more and more like you in the hope and trust that You will take that desire and use it for Your Glory by helping me to make time for You every day and to get to know You more.

I surrender my pride and my feelings that You owe me something when I know that You owe me nothing but I owe You everything. I surrender my stubborness and my bitterness. Please help me to make things right with Jason so that I can move and move past and better live my life for You.

I surrender my living situation and the possibility of a new one completely to You. I will trust in You and Your desire to see Your children happy and in a situation to Honor and Glorify You.

I surrender my anger, my jealousy and my impatience. Please take them and make me and mold me into a women after Your own heart and a lamp to the world of Your honor and glory!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow, joyanna...this is humbling to me. if we all could say this and mean it...i think God would have so much more to work with in the world!

i love you and love to see how God is working in you.

kiltsandthistles said...

I miss you Beth!!!!