Sunday, April 30, 2006

Tennis

Okay so I know that I love watching tennis, especially when it is Andy Roddick playing or Roger Fedderer, however I had never actually picked up a racket in my life. That is until yesterday. There is this Alpha group that I am involved with and we had this really great day away yesterday. We got together at a place other than where we normally meet and talked about the Holy Spirit and enjoyed getting to know each other. So anyway they had tennis courts and there were a couple of extra rackets and balls, so this girl Melissa that I met and I decided to give it a shot. Well I must say I have never felt so inept and out of my league as I did. But I also discovered that I really love tennis not only watching it but trying my hand at playing. I am by no means any good but it is just plain fun. I will however have to make a mental note to wrap my ankles before playing cause all the running around the court you do I rolled them a couple of times. I keep forgetting that I have weak ankles cause I haven't played a sport in so long that required so much stopping and turning on a dime. Oh well, I just need to remember that but I am definitely going to keep playing and learning to play better. I hope to post a couple pics later. It was funny cause I "felt" so professional, I was wearing a skort and when I tucked the balls in the pockets I felt like Maria Sharpanova and Venus Williams. Like that would ever be a reality :-). Any way that was my foray into the tennis world and now I love to play and watch.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i took tennis lessons once, and absolutely loved it! but i could never get anyone to play with me...so i gave up.

Hyla said...

we can play pathetically uncoordinated tennis together with my friend, who is significantly more coordinated than I, if you like... I just need to get a racket!

kiltsandthistles said...

amen I hear ya! I am so getting a racket now. I am truly addicted to tennis. i mean i loved watching it before but now I have found a new love for playing it as well :-). Though I may look ridiculous doing it :-).

Shrig said...

I took a class in Tennis at Penn State. It takes a while to get everything down, to not get upset with yourself (some of the people in my class played in high school, they made it look so easy). I ended up with a B in the course, rather happy with that.

Also, when it rains, you may want to try racket ball. It looks very intimidating at first, but I can assure you, its a lot of fun. :)

<3 u :)