Wednesday, April 12, 2006

UPDATE

Okay so many new and some wonderful things have been happening in my life lately. Concerning work...I am actively working towards more responsibility with in my position. I also was approved for my Top Secret security clearance opening doors to work with our DoD group.

In regards to financial, I have finally paid off the last of my debt not including college loans. It is such a freeing feeling. I also did my taxes and am getting back quite a large sum due to the fact that I am a full-time student!!! Hooray!!!! This will allow me to pay off my Grandmum for the Scotland trip. That means that I no longer have to stress about working so many hours in order to pay for the trip and earn spending money. Now everything I make will go directly to spending money for Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it pertains to life...I am attending a Monday night Bible study and a Wednesday night service. I am almost done one full year out of two of Grad School. I have also come to the realization from reading friends blogs and websites that I am the only person who has not followed her dreams. SO....

After tax time next year I am definitely planning to move to Scotland and pursue the life I have always dreamed of. I have so many connections there with family and friends from work who know folks that I shouldn't have a single problem finding a place to live or a job to work. I have also realized that because I have been so unsettled about this that I think that is why God has not allowed anyone to come into my life yet.

I have been reading this great book by John Eldredge called "The Journey of Desire" and it has made me realize that God gives us desire to test us to see if we really trust him enough to step out and follow them through. It has also showed me how prayer is such an important part of our relationships with God. He provides that outlet for talking to Him and sharing with us how He wants to use us. I have to remind myself that He is the One who gives us our every desire and will provide a way for us to see it through.

"Desire gives fervor to prayer. The sould cannot be listless when some great desire fixes and inflames it...Strong desires make strong prayers...The neglect of prayer is the fearful token of dead spiritual desires...There can be no true praying without desire. (E.M. Bounds: Man of Prayers)"

More to come later...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i expect you to bring me back something really grand from scotland. i also expect you to fly me out to visit you if you move there!

this was so encouraging for me to read, joyanna. i've been praying that you would find joy and contentment (not that your desires are fulfilled--but that you have peace about them). keep writing...i check your blog like 3 times a day!

Shrig said...

hmm... if your taking orders now, i'll take heather, for obvious reasons. but you don't have to bring the plant cause it might not pass through customs...so get creative with it. ;) i hear heather makes wonderful brooms (no, really, i read that. but don't bring back a broom)

i'm glad life is so much better for you. it gets tough sometimes, but i think you're doing a great job handling it. :) if you ever need anything, you know where i am. <3 u :)