Friday, April 07, 2006

I miss FOOTBALL!!!!


Okay I didn't realize how much I miss watching football and talking football until yesterday. I was checking out my teams site again for the 1000th time to see if I could get any inkling of what was going through their heads to let some of our best players go.

A little while later I got an e-mail from the site letting me know that NFL.com had finally posted the 2006 schedule. The pathetic thing about this is, I immediately went to the site to print my teams schedule to put it on my calendar. As I was putting the games on my schedule I realized I was going to miss two of them when I was in Scotland and I actually was very sad.

I am going to be in the place I have dreamed of going for years and I was still sad that I was going to miss two games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is something wrong with me :-). I guess I will have to make sure I get an air card that provides me with internet access while I am there so that I can check the games progress.

The other pathetic thing is that I miss football so much I actually have the draft days on my calendar so that I can watch the draft. I realize that each year as I watch more and more football, I become more and more addicted to the sport. I absolutely love football. I love fall and I live for when I can start watching games again!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a man's dream girl! Somebody's gonna love you for that!

mike said...

No, there's nothing wrong with you. I frequently check the latest team news, looked at the schedule the day it came out, and was even invited to watch the draft in Foxboro! There's nothing pathetic about loving football, much less the NE Patriots. :) August 11th come quickly!

As for the free agent thing, every team has to let good players go. But just think of all the good players we let go after the 2003 championship team and we still won the Super Bowl again. They just get replacements and move on. As much as I liked those guys too and am sorry to see them go, such is the nature of the sport.

Shrig said...

Scotland is nearly a once in a lifetime opportunity, football you can catch every Monday, Saturday and Sunday.

I think you'll live without 2 NE Pats games.

;)