Monday, October 10, 2005

My Dearest Friend Beth

Well now, I will tell the world that I have one of the best friends in the World!!!! Her name is Beth and she set me up on this blog. I am not usually that great at journaling so we will give this a shot and see what will happen. I guess I will start by posting one of my favorite poems.


Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed and
Joined the tumbling mirth of sun-split clouds
And done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of
Wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence.
Hov’ring there,
I’ve chased the shouting wind along,
And flung my eager craft
Through footless halls of air…
Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights
With easy grace
Where never lark not ever eagle flew
And, while with silent lifting mind
I’ve trod the high untrespassed sanctity of space…
Put out my hand,…
and touched the face of GOD.
Not sure who to give the credit of this poem to but as soon as I find out I will be sure to post it.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

awesome poem! i love it! see? you are great. I love you and you better keep writing here...and check mine out too!