Saturday, October 15, 2005

"Shattered"-a moratorium to love and mankind

"The Haunted Mind"-Nathaniel Hawthorne

In the depths of every heart, there is a tomb and a dungeon, though the lights, the music, and revelry above may cause us to forget their existence, and the buried ones, or prisoners whom they hide.

Ripping
Tearing
Shredding
Splitting
Burnt
Tired of hurting
Tired of giving
Tired of being taken advantage of
Want my own turn for
Happiness
Joy
Love
Relationship
BETRAYED by "freinds"! The ultimate scorn, but do I crumble???
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM THE WORLD'S GREATEST ACTRESS!!!!!!
A heart trampled and crushed! The only healer is Jesus, is she would just go to Him. But right now she is too ashamed, feels too much like a failure to present herself a shattered human, yearning for fixing yet again.
STOP THE WORLD AND LET ME OFF PLEASE!!!!!
I can't handle heartache anymore, I just want to be loved!!!
Look at her go
she's picking up the pieces
attempting to put them back together
best as she knows how
trying to cover the pain so blantant inside
She saw it coming
saw it start to fall
saw her dream start to fade and disappear
all the things she'd dreamed of and hoped for
they had come undone
they SHATTERED!!!
She never knew what it felt like to be shattered till she saw you with your arm around another. What was left of her already broken heart shattered into pieces and she knows it will never be put back together again.
Look But Not Touch
I've watched you for forever
But you've never noticed me, not ever
I would have given you my love
If you'd given me a chance
I could've been everything you wanted
but you didn't even give me a passing glance.
I will always look but not touch
I will always see you in my dreams
but for me
you will never be reality
I will always look but not touch
i will watch you from a distance
you will always be someone I dream of...
BUT NOT TOUCH

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

wow joyanna, i know how you feel. let me just warn you, although it isn't good to let our emotions control our actions, it is also not good to hide them all. they will build up and eventually something will put you over the edge. please, remember, that your dreams have NOT been shattered. they are all still before you and you have as much chance of seeing them fulfilled as anyone else (maybe more-because you work hard for them). i believe in you...and i also believe in your God who can do amazing things for you--please trust in His goodness. i haven't believed it like i should, but i know He wants us to have good, fulfilling things here on earth...and He made us for them. I love you!