Thursday, July 13, 2006

Celtic FC

So last night was a pretty awesome night! A friend had asked my roommate and I if we wanted to attend a DC United match. For those of you who don't know DC United is the DC professional soccer team. Anyway, I jumped at the chance to see a professional soccer match live as I had just spend weeks watching the World Cup and was totally not ready for soccer to be "over".

So half way through the day yesterday I figured I should find out who DC was playing and to my utter amazement and absolute pleasure I found that we were playing Celtic FC the premiere Scottish football club team. I WAS THRILLED! to say none the least. I love Soccer and I love SCOTLAND!! What better way to end the day than to attend a Soccer match where we play a Scottish team.

So I went home put on my green and white for the Celtic FC and grabbed my Scottish St. Andrew's cross flag and my umbrella of the same. I headed to the match and met up with my friends. It was good times had by all. Celtic FC let me down and lost 4-0, but just being at a live soccer match and knowing the team was from Scotland made everything okay. I had a great time hanging out with my friends.

1 comment:

Alcluith said...

Thanks for your comment - glad you like the photos! My brother will be distraught about Celtic losing like that - he's a big fan. Hope you and your gran have a nice visit to Glasgow!