Tuesday, July 11, 2006

a little freaked out...

So I did something today that I have never done before. I turned in a two week notice/letter of resignation. Even though I know that I have another better position waiting for me it is still really freaky thing to do. I realized that I can no longer, well I don't know, I just feel kinda in limbo.

I am extremely excited about my new position yet daunted by the fact that I will be working at the Pentagon. It is a very scary thing if you think about it too much, which is what I am doing. The exciting thing though is that I am filling a brand new role that the client asked for and thus I will get to define the role for any future fillers. I will have to turn down or boot out higher ups in favor of even higher uppers than them. (Yeah so if my employers could read this they would be scared. I am supposed to write e-mails with good grammar and this obviously isn't :-). Oh well this is my personal thought page, it is not a complete reflection on my organized life outside of my disorganized thoughts!)

On another note, I am finally into my new place in NE DC. I have a great roommate, a nice place and painted walls!!!! I am so excited about that because now I know I won't have to suffer through my winter depression. One wall is a salmony red, the other is a muted burnt orange and the last is a goldeny yellow. They match my comforter! I have two very large windows on the red wall and a walk in closet. There are a lot of boxes still around as we work to unpack and set up house. It is fun though, we finished the kitchen unpacking last night so all we have left to do in there is paint. We are painting it a teal blue with bright green stripes. Then the bathroom will be orange with a red glaze, kind of like a red gerbera. Our living room is going to have one wall that is squares of blue, green and sheet copper and the rest of the walls will be khaki.

I am pretty sure that my roommate Hyla and I will get along great, though the football season may be a little intense. See she is a die-hard Steelers fan and I am a DIE-HARD Patriots fan. That could make for some interesting games, I guess the good thing is that we aren't playing each other in the regular season this year. Any way more later. I am looking forward to this new living experience as I know it will be 100 x's better than any of my past ones.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, there are so many exciting things going on in your life right now! yeah, I hated giving my two weeks notice...it was awful. but i'm glad i did, this job is definitely better.

we need to help eachother not freak out! i'm starting to really get nervous and stressed about the wedding...not about marrying luke, just about the wedding itself. yikes! good thing you're coming out--maybe you can help me stay calm.

kiltsandthistles said...

You know I will my darlin!! I am so unbelievably excited for you and am literally counting the days down for you and for when I get there. I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH!!!! I will definitely do everything within my power to keep you calm!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»