Monday, July 24, 2006

Iowa

IOWA IS VERY FLAT!!!!

So I made it to Iowa with very little incident. I left my apartment at 5:15 am Sat. morning and got to the airport by 5:45am. I have never seen DCA so busy in my entire life. I think I have flown out of there at least 3 times and this was the first time I actually had to stand in line for a good half an hour. People were flippin out left and right about not catching their flights and all I could do was laugh because they were the ones who showed up with a half an hour to spare. What idiots!!!

So anyway, I made it onto the plane to find that I was sitting right next to a young mother with an 11month old little girl. My first thought was great, I'm exhausted and this child will probably scream the whole time. Then that changed because the little girl could I guess sense my instinctive love of children and wanted to play. So for the first 2 hour portion of my trip I helped take some of the stress off the mom by playing with her little girl. She never cried once. It was great.

Then when I got to Memphis for the switch I ended up, as usual, on this little "hop, skip and jumper." Now mind you the whole reason for this trip is to fly to Iowa and be with my best friend as she prepares for her finals days till the wedding, I am one of the bridesmaids, and I have my dress with me. The previous plane this had not been a problem. As I am getting on the puddle-jumper they tell me that I have to put the dress below with all the other baggage. I told them, unless you can swear to me on pain of death that nothing will happen to this dress it stays with me!!! Well there actually isn't much pain of death that I can enforce and they overrode me. However as I was finally boarding the flight attendant felt sorry for me and offered to hang it with his stuff as he feared that they couldn't keep their promise. I was very grateful and raced back to grab it before it ended up below with everything else. CRISIS AVERTED!

I made it to Des Moines with no other incidents picked up my car and headed to Ankeny. The associate for Budget was very helpful and gave me directions that helped me avoid all the construction in Des Moines but didn't take me too far off the beaten path that I would get myself completely lost trying to get to Beth's house. I reached my final destination around 11:15 am. Beth and her Grandma were cleaning the apartment and having fun. I joined in and then finally met the man who has made my Beth the most happiest woman on the face of this planet.

He truly is the man that completes her. I am so happy I constantly feel like I am in a state of weepiness. So anyway, we spent the rest of Saturday, running a few errands and then headed to her Grandma's to do laundry. It was a very nice relaxing time and watching Beth interact with her Grandmother is always a treat.

Okay that's it for tonight, I am exhausted and I have to start early tomorrow with more running around. I am the luckiest person in the world!!!!!

3 comments:

Hyla said...

wow - sounds like you're having a good time. Fia and I are fending pretty well for ourselves. She just discovered that she is afraid of my computer charger, which is actually a good thing b/c she wasn't afraid before and was trying to chew on it. Also, we got blinds today. Unfortunately, I did not put Fia in your closet b/c I knew I was going to be gone for about 14 hours and didn't want to subject her to that, but of course, today was the day they came with the blinds...so I don't know if there will be any repercussions for that or not. Also they took "our" ladder. sad.
More soon...can't wait to read more blogging.

Amy Bushatz said...

I am afraid of your cat.
Esp. when it runs in circles around the bathroom while I am trying to ... you know ... use the bathroom.

Scary.

glad you're having fun. Miss you loads.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»