Sunday, September 10, 2006

As Promised….

Well we have completed our first day of the tour. It was a long exhausting but good day. I’ll start with yesterday and pictures from then as well and then tell you about today.

September 9th, 2006 will forever remain one of the greatest days of my life. I finally reached my dream destination…Scotland. We landed in Glasgow around 2:30 – 3:00 pm.




It was an amazing experience. I actually cried, which I knew I would do. Who wouldn’t when something they have dreamed about for years is actually happening. It was just wonderful. The tour guide was there to meet us at the airport and then take us to the hotel. We stayed right smack dab in the middle of Glasgow and actually we were 3 blocks from where my Grandmum grew up.

Grandmum and I were exhausted and it was all we could do, when we got the hotel, to not lay down and sleep forever. She looked better than I did that’s for sure.


(Okay, so I'll have to post more pics later, cause this is not working.) Though I must say when I am exhausted my eyes are the color of green I have always wanted ;-). Well anyway…


We all met for dinner and a drink at 6:00 pm. There are 41 people in our tour group and I am the baby, for real!!! I am twenty-six years old and the next youngest person is 67. Yowza! I have never felt so young, which is kinda nice considering lately I have been feeling soooo old. :-)

After dinner, Grandmum and I tried to get ahold of her sister and neices, only to find that they were already on their way into the city in the hopes that we were there. It was so wonderful to finally meet these people that Grandmum always talks about.

The one in brown is my Grandmum, khaki is her sister Jess, then the one in white is Bev and then Karen. I had previously talked with “Aunt Karen” through e-mail so it was such a pleasure for me to get the chance to meet her in person. We had a lovely time meeting and chatting and catching up. I think I could easily stay here and never come back.

No comments: