Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September 13, 2006 Day 5

We headed out around 8:30 for our start up towards the Highlands. First stop St. Andrew’s, the city, the university and of course the golf course. I got a couple of good pictures of the course and a bunch of the ruined abbey and castle. Otherwise it was an uneventful stop. One good thing, I got to leave my Grandmum with another gentleman on the trip and I wandered off on my own. It was kind of nice.

Then it was back on the bus and we were headed off to the Glamis Palace, the childhood home of the Queen Mother. It was nice but the most interesting part was getting to see the Highland cattle. They are cute “little” things and very soft. Then it was back onto the bus and this time we headed to Aberdeen. Another couple, who are actually from Herdon near where I live, and I ended up going to a local Starbucks and chatting while having a cuppa. It was a good time. Then it was back onto the bus and we headed up the hill and slightly out of the city to our hotel.
Dinner was at seven and by then I was struggling so very badly. The gentleman that decided to sit with us loves to complain and when he complains I think everyone else figures they should to. So not only was he complaining but my Grandmum and the other woman sitting with us were as well. I was so frustrated and bored. Lucky for me the Celtic FC and Manchester United were playing right next door in the bar so I grabbed a beer and sat down with the Tour Guide to watch the game. It was great. It was kinda nice to have someone “closer” in age than 60 years difference to talk to. The game was good but Celtic lost by one which isn’t bad when you consider the score was 3-2. Manchester was expected to roll right over the top of Celtic. Then it was into the lobby for me and I have spent the last couple of hours online trying to find things to do and people to talk to.

And here are pictures from today…



again a problem downloading pics but there are a bunch on my xanga site. www.xanga.com/ChristsChild

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoyAnna, Thank you for "taking" me on your trip with you! I love hearing about your travels and seeing the pics (you know me and pics!!) : )
Oh, and I'm praying you can get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice. Scotland looks beautiful. Too bad we couldn't come with. :(

And don't worry about the rain, its suppose to rain here for the next 3 days. Although I like rain, personally, I just don't know how I'll get to lab. I should build a tent around me and my bike. Ha ha ha.

Much <3.

norwegianbeauty said...

Hey!So glad ot hear more!! thanks.. I will keep you in my prayers concerning the lack of sleep. I know how you can get when you're grouchy.. he3ehee.. jk Well, I think I actually set up three blogsites.. the real one is sarahnorweiganbeauty... that should work.. although I haven't really worked too much on it yet. Mom and Dad are waiting downstairs right now.. Garrett is sleeping.. so i can't stay too long. However, I am so very jealous of your trip. Thanks for taking me on it with you through way of pictures. An excellen movie that is based on St. Andrews golf course is The Legend of Bagger Vance.. or wait.. is it the other golf movie? You know.. Chris just loves them all. I may be confused. :) Anyway.. I miss you terribly. I am finding all this week that I go to call you on my way to class, or to tell you some news,, and then it hits me, you won't answer.. ugh.. anyway.. thinking of you often. I will pray for sleep. Maybe she can go stay with that older gentleman.. jk.. of course I know she wouldn't do that.. just wanted you to get some sleep. see you later..