Friday, September 01, 2006

Random thoughts

Let us live as though Christ were crucified yesterday, risen today, and coming tomorrow. Martin Luther

Did you know you can hit the snooze on your alarm clock so many times it doesn’t give you the option anymore? My cell is my alarm clock and I have a tendency to hit snooze in the morning so many times that after I think the 5th or 6th time it says “Alarm 5:30 am ok?” Basically my cell phone is being stubborn and refusing to be the excuse for my inability to get up in the mornings. :-)

I love when it rains because I feel like God is washing away the dirtiness of the world and all my cares and worries.

I like running in the rain because it makes me feel good.

I want a house someday where I can have a fire place with a big comfy couch in front of it to read a good book with a cup of hot tea on a rainy day.

I want a house with a big front porch with a porch swing where I can sit encompassed by the arms of the one I love, listening to the rain and talking about life.

Wait for the guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot. Wait for the guy who calls you back when you hang up on him. Wait for the guy who will lie under the stars and listen to your heart beat. What for the guy who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead. Wait for the guy who wants to show you off to the world when your in sweats. Wait for the guy who prays with you. Wait for the guy who holds your hand in front of his friends. Wait for the guy who thinks you’re just as pretty without makeup. Wait for the guy who always reminds you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for the guy who turns to his friends and says "that's her."

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm...I can check most of those off for Luke...but I'm not so sure about him wanting to show me off in sweats (I think he likes me to look a little dressed up). Lucky for me...I hardly wear any makeup so he didn't have to like me without it...that's just how I was :)