Wednesday, August 30, 2006

“No news is good news” and a different perspective

Whoever said this originally was just living in a dream world. Each day that I continue to go without news or information regarding my trip, I become more agitated and anxious. I have nine days til d-day and no confirmation on whether they have been able to book my Grandmum a new seat. This is not to say that I don’t try to get news. I think my agent will be very glad to get me on this trip and never hear from me again. I have called everyday to push them and try to find out if they know anything.

A different perspective

My good friend Pete reminded me last night, that as much as this sucks, others are still worse off. Consider, Pete just spent some time in Haiti for a mission trip. He had a great time and grew to know and love the people there. Well they just got lambasted by this tropical storm/hurricane Ernesto. Pete reminded me that they have lost their lives, livelihood and even homes and family. Me? All I may or may have lost is a trip to Scotland that I can attempt to take next year.

I need to stop being so selfish. I also started reading Job last night on the recommendation of a friend. Not that I am saying my life or situation is anything like Job’s but I can view his life as an example of how I should be reacting in these situations. So I will do my best to wake up each day until I LEAVE and remember that God is in control and no matter what happens He deserves all the honor and the praise. His will, will be done and I have to trust in the wisdom of His hand in my life.

1 comment:

Alcluith said...

Thanks - I'm glad you liked the Dumbarton photo. My Dad's from there and I've always been a bit obsessed with the Castle :-) My great uncle was actually killed fighting in WW2, so his name's on the memorial (Francis Quigley).

I hope you get your travel plans sorted out soon - it all sounds very stressful. Where all are you going when you're in Scotland?