Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Psalm 9:10

Psalm 9:10 And they that know Thy name will put their trust in Thee: for Thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek Thee. Psalm 9:10

My best friend sent this to me a while ago and I have had it hanging at my desk for both my jobs now. Its funny though, how something can sit in front of you everyday and you just don’t realize its potential and truth.

I was reminded and rebuked by this verse today. First reminded that God will never forsake them that seek Him and then rebuked because I realize that as much as I love God and truly desire to know Him better I forget to put my trust in Him. I find that as a human being I consistently try to do what I can to make my life better rather than trusting it into the hands of the One who created me in His image and has great purpose in life for me.

Why do we find it so easy to place our trust in humans who will fail us and who are fallible than to take that ultimate step of complete faith and trust in The One who is infallible and completely trustworthy. To know God is to Love God. I really need to take this verse to heart and make it my personal mantra so that I remember to love and trust my life to Him completely.
What could possibly be better than that?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

that is the verse that changed my life and gave me renewed faith in God when i had pretty much given up. thanks for mentioning it...i need to be reminded too. i miss you, dear!