Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Running

So I went running for the first time since I graduated college in 2003. I forgot how many muscles you utilize when you run. I am so stinkin sore in places I totally forgot about. The bad thing…I work at the Pentagon where I spend the entire day running all over that crazy place opening rooms. To say none the least I have been walking around with a permanent wince on my face. I think it must look pretty funny to people looking at me and wondering what the heck is wrong with that girl. :-)

The upside though is that for not having run in such a long time, I did a pretty good job of keeping up with the group. We ran for 45 min. and approximately a mile and a half. I ran for a good half an hour of that and then finished the last fifteen walking. I am going to keep it up though because it felt good and I really need to lose the weight.

No comments: