Monday, August 21, 2006

Vacation!!

I have never looked so much forward to a vacation as I am this one to Scotland. I am so exhausted from work and school that I just can’t wait. I almost wish I had an extra couple of days before I left to catch up on sleep so that I could fully enjoy the entire trip to Scotland.

I have been working myself to the bone. I really need to re-evaluate my priorities. I am working full-time as a contracted employee to the Pentagon. I then work part-time as a barista at my church’s café. I also am going to Grad School full-time. On top of all that I am trying to stay involved with church and my friends. Something needs to go and I have a feeling it may be school.

I started going for my MBA for all the wrong reasons anyway and I don’t really see where I’ll ever use it. Besides stressing over classes, I am wracking up more debt that if I don’t ever use it, will just follow me for another good 10 years. YEACH!!!

For right now I just look forward to the fact that I am in the last week of my corporate finance class and then I get a 7 week break from any kind of classes. I am only taking half a semester this time so that I do not have to worry about having to find the time while in Scotland to do homework. How not fun would that be. I work at the café up to the 31st of Aug. Then I am tentatively going to Philly for Labor Day weekend. Then I have three days at the Pentagon then I am gone to SCOTLAND FOR AWHILE!!!!!!!

Who knows maybe I won’t come back!!! I’ll just find a nice little thatched cottage up in the highlands to hide away in for the rest of my life. Wouldn’t that be nice, well first find a husband to take there with me J!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

At least you can sleep on the plane!!!! Hey...I am soooo excited for you. I can't hardly stand it! It's taking forever...(you'd think I was going!). I agree...somthing needs to go. But you'll have time to think about all that while travelling. My life has doubled in busyness since I got married...whoever said it would be easier after the wedding? Well...I'll be dreaming about scotland :) (and if you become a missionary there...I'll visit!)

Alcluith said...

Hi JoyAnna,

I'm glad you're still enjoying the photos :-) If you're going to the Highlands in September you should probably pack jeans, t-shirts, jumpers and waterproofs - as it's pretty much bound to rain at some point. It shouldn't be very cold, but a jumper would almost certainly be a good idea. If it's not raining there will be midges, however all the shops in the Highlands sell midge repellant so you'll be fine. Unless you're going somewhere with a swimming pool I doubt you'll need a swimming costume as, even in June, the water is freezing (as a friend once said when paddling "It's alright once your feet have gone numb").

This all probably sounds a bit gloomy ;-) But it's very beautiful up there and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Claire.